July 2020 Minutes (13th)
Minutes of the of Dunston Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 13th July at 7.30pm via Zoom.
PRESENT: P.Cllrs R.McLuckie (RM) (Chair), P.Moore (Vice Chair) L.Phillipson (LP) Karen Atkin (KA), E.Vinter (EV), D.Cllr. N.Byatt (NB),) & Clerk L.Stocker (LS)(Minutes)
APOLOGIES: C.Cllr. R.Kendrick & D.Cllr. L.Pearson (LPe).
DECLARATION OF INTEREST: None.
ACCEPTANCE OF MINUTES: The minutes were held to be a true and accurate record.
PARISH COUNCILLOR Nick Byatt:
- Licensing for cafes has been amended to allow additional seating on some areas of pavement.
- Taxis must now have a screen dividing the driver from passengers.
- VJ day events will still be acknowledged at Cenotaphs/memorials at 11am on the 15th August.
- The police report had been received and shared with the Councillors.
- Playing field issues have been resolved with the introduction of a gate locking routine.
- The hedge in the Conservation Area surrounding The Green has been identified and confirmed as being very large and overgrown. This has been reported to the NKDC Tree Protection Officer (TPO) for action, and the householder has been informed.
- A request for a new memorial bench has been received. The donor would like to replace the one near to the phone box/book exchange, but it was felt that this was inappropriate as it was also a memorial. A position between the existing benches on The Green will be suggested.
- The Ford /Prior Lane bin has been ordered as instructed. No provision for installation has been made – enquire if Glasdon’s offer this service.
- The treated Brambles in the corner of the Playing Field are beginning to return. Liaise with contractor.
- The Covid19 Guarantee needed to allow the VH to reopen cannot be signed until the shrubbery near the Lamyman room door has been cut back to provide sufficient access. Concerns regarding the Conservation Area Restrictions were once again raised. RM to review the site & contact TPO. Action will be taken as quickly as possible.
- Conifers along the drive/Beck are also becoming overgrown. Address with TPO before deciding upon action.
Application 20/0448/HOUS Installation of through floor lift and internal alterations to form level access shower room, The Old Vicarage, Vicarage Lane, Dunston. APPROVED 03.07.2020
Application 20/0798/HOUS Demolition of existing single storey side extension and erection of two storey side extension, Cottage Far, Front Street, Dunston. APPROVED 07.07.2020
Amended Details : Application 20/0456/FUL Erection of 8 No dwellings and formulation of new vehicular and pedestrian access from Fen Lane, Land North Of Fen Lane, Dunston. Lincoln LN4 2HB.
Concerns have been raised regarding the removal of the roadside hedges. After some discussion it was agreed to send an appropriate response outlining these to the Planning Department.
The Parish Council also curate an account holding funds allocated to preservation work on behalf of the Trout Project. The current balance is £9,300.45.
15. DATE OF NEXT MEETING:
Monday 27th July 2020 at 7.30pm via zoom.
Meeting ID: 883 592 6322 Password: 975472
The meeting closed at 8.00 pm.